eBay recently launched their subscription 'eBay plus' program, driving hard against Amazon and offering unprecedented value to customers.
The program includes:
- Free delivery and free returns (on Plus items)
- Double flybuys points
- Exclusive offers and deals
- Premium customer service
- Free 30-day trial
- Priced at $29 yearly (for the first year, usually $49)
Already holding the mantle of Australia’s most popular shopping site, eBay have the most customers and the best conversion rates. This move further solidifies their position, making it harder for arch rival Amazon to gain a foothold in the Australian market.
Amazon are fighting back - reducing their 'Prime' membership price for their Australian launch and aggressively advertising with a strong TV and print campaign.
Amazon's Prime membership includes:
- Free delivery (on Prime items)
- The Prime Video streaming service (similar to Netflix or Stan)
- 30 minute early access to Lightning deals (Discounted, time limited offers)
- Prime reading access - "Over a thousand top e-books, short works, comics, children's books and more"
- Priced at $59 yearly (monthly payment option available)
For merchants the situation couldn’t be more appetising.
While the two powerhouses duke it out for market share merchants can take full advantage of the exposure and increased traffic by trading on both platforms.
Now is the time to get on board and it’s easier than you think.
MerchantSpring offer a full on-boarding package, launching your business onto eBay, Amazon and Catch.
We take care of everything - integration, store design, content enhancement AND we actively trade your products - ensuring front and centre exposure to marketing campaigns.
Now is the time to get involved. If your product isn’t available on Australia’s leading marketplaces - you are missing out!